Canadian Visitor Visa

A visitor visa is an official document that is placed in a person’s passport to show that they have met the requirements to enter Canada temporarily

Canadian Visitor Visa

Visitor Visas

A visitor visa, officially named a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), is an official document issued by a visa office in China, Hong Kong or elsewhere that is placed in a person’s passport to show that they have met the requirements to enter Canada as a temporary resident. Visitors are all those persons who are legally authorized to enter Canada for reasons such as tourism or visiting family. TRV applicants must complete the “Application for a Temporary Resident Visa” form [IMM 5257B].

Stay Duration

Visitors who obtain a TRV can stay in Canada for up to six months in most cases. The date on which you must leave Canada will be listed in your passport when you first enter into Canada.

Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA)

Foreign nationals from visa-exempt countries entering Canada by air, including those transiting through Canada, require an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). Exceptions include American citizens and travelers with a valid visa. An ETA is electronically linked to the traveler’s passport and is valid for five years or until the passport expires, whichever comes first. If you need an ETA, it is recommended that you apply for it when you plan your trip, as opposed to waiting until you are ready to travel. You must travel to Canada with the passport you used to obtain your ETA.

China Transit Program

In some cases, Chinese nationals flying between China and the United States are able to transit through Canada without a Canadian visa. Please contact us for further information regarding your eligibility for the China Transit Program.

Fees: TRV

CAN $100 individual – multiple or single entry

Fees: ETAs

The ETA processing fee is CAN $7.

Single vs Multiple Entry Visa

The difference between these two visa types is that a single entry visa allows entry to Canada for one-time only and a multiple entry visa allows entry many times.

10 Year Multi-Entry Visa

A multiple entry visa will let you travel to Canada for six months at a time as many times as you want. It will be valid for up to 10 years or one month before your passport expires, whichever is shorter.

Schedule a meeting

Let’s discuss the details

Schedule a meeting at one of 0ur offices or online. A lawyer will analyze the situation, calculate the cost and help you find a solution based on your goals.